We have put a lot of effort in ensuring Bella Vista is an executive property and we want each and every one of you to have a fantastic holiday
We therefore ask that you treat the property with the respect it deserves
- The booking will be in the name of the party leader who must be at least 21 years of age. All correspondence and documents are sent to the party leader and who will be responsible for all payments on the booking.
- The signing of the booking form by the Party Leader confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and shall be binding on all persons listed on the booking form and who occupy the property (and/or any amendments made to said list)
- No all male parties or parties of guests who are under the age of 21 years under any circumstances.
- No pets are allowed (anyone found to have a pet will be removed immediately and subject to an excess cleaning fee of £350 ($500)).
- This is a no smoking property - smoking is permitted in the patio area - ashtrays are provided (however in the event no ashtray is available it is not acceptable to extinguish cigarettes etc in the pool or on the deck or any furniture - anyone found doing this will be subject to charges commensurate with the action - i.e. extinguishing cigarette on pool deck - the repainting of the pool deck may be necessary - cost in excess of £900 ($2,000)). If it is found that you or any of your party have been smoking in the property a cleaning fee will be deducted from your security deposit for the neutralisation of the effects of cigarette smoke within the property.
- The property is 4 bedrooms, and the maximum occupancy is 10 people. Everyone who will occupy the property must be included on the booking form (this includes infants and children). (A requirement under Florida State Law)
- The property cannot be shared or sub let and only those named on the booking form are permitted to stay in the property for the period of the reservation.
- The property is licensed with Polk County for short term rentals.
- The owners (their Management Company or their agents) reserve the right to refuse admittance if any one or more of these conditions are breached. Failure to comply will result in the forfeiture of the booking and no refunds or compensation will be made.
- A deposit of 20% of the total rental cost, whichever is greater, is payable immediately. Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- A completed booking form must be returned with the deposit.
- If you book within 8 weeks of departure the full amount is due at the time of booking.
- Cheques/cash are acceptable at no charge.
- A 4% charge will be made on each payment via credit or charge cards. (You can pay by PayPal however a 4% charge is also levied on these payments).
- If all payments are not made by the due date, I reserve the right to treat your holiday as cancelled by you and a charge of up to 100% of the final invoice total may be levied.
- Upon receipt of the completed booking form, 20% deposit (or full amount if within 8 weeks of departure) confirmation will be sent to you.
- A contract between me and the Party Leader will come into existence when you have paid a deposit (or full payment within 8 weeks of departure) and I have dispatched my confirmation invoice.
- Please check the confirmation and any other documents carefully, immediately on receipt. You must notify me within 7 days of issue if any details are incorrect.
- All telephone, fax, e-mail, quotations will be confirmed in writing.
- Full details relating to address, directions and villa access will be despatched 2 to 3 weeks before your departure date and subject to full payment being received.
- I reserve the right to increase/decrease the rental rates of villa at any time. The cost of your reservation will be confirmed at time of booking. Once your reservation has been confirmed any future increases in costs will not be applied to your booking.
- Should you amend the booking after it has been confirmed, I again reserve the right to increase the costs to those currently advertised.
- If you change your holiday arrangements we will do our best to help you, but you must first send a written request to do so. Any changes made, become effective when we have given you written confirmation. An administration charge of £25.00 will be added to your final invoice.
- If you wish to cancel your holiday, you must notify us in writing (no other form of cancellation will be accepted, no telephone calls or e-mails etc). It is your responsibility to ensure the notice is despatched and reaches me.
- Cancellation will become effective from the date it is received at our office. A cancellation notice will be issued by return. All cancellations will result in the loss of all monies paid to me by way of deposit (not including any security deposit).
- If the cancellation is within 8 weeks of departure then the full amount of the rental is due and payable (save for the security deposit – any security deposit already paid will be refunded subject to full payment being received).
- If all payments are not made by the due date, I reserve the right to treat your holiday as cancelled by you and a charge of up to 100% of the final invoice total may be levied. We will do our best to contact you prior to cancellation being made however if not contact can be made we reserve the right to cancel the booking and recover any amounts owing.
- If you are having problems please contact us as soon as possible – we are happy to discuss matters with you – but please be warned we will not under any circumstances re-negotiate the rental fees.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO TAKE OUT ADEQUATE INSURANCE FOR ALL RISKS WHICH MIGHT OCCUR WHILST ON HOLIDAY TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO CANCELLATION, SICKNESS, INJURY, AND/OR DEATH. Please remember medical treatment in the USA is not free and you will be required to pay for any treatment. Please ensure your travel insurance is sufficient to cover any liabilities you may have. You are advised to discuss this with an appropriate travel insurance company who will be able to advise you of likely costs etc.
By the Owner
- Whilst we do not foresee any circumstances in which we are likely to cancel due to personal circumstances this may happen. However in the unlikely event of this happening we will contact you and discuss the options.
- Refund of any monies paid by the party (without interest or compensation or consequential loss), or by our Management Company in a villa of similar or superior standard.
- The Owners, their Management Company or their agents cannot and do not accept responsibility for any cancellation, alteration, or amendment to your booking brought about by way of (but not limited to) : war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, natural and nuclear disaster, fire adverse weather conditions, technical problems, closure or congestion of airports, cancellations or changes of schedules by airlines and similar events beyond our control.
- Arrival at the Villa is from 4.00 pm (EST) onwards (unless by prior arrangement) on the date of commencement of your reservation which can be any day of the week subject to availability.
- Minimum rental period is 4 days (rentals of 5 days or less will incur a surcharge equal to the cost of cleaning the property, currently £50 ($75))
- You must vacate your villa on the day of departure by no later than 10.00 am (late checkout may be available and will be subject to a surcharge).
- The Party Leader is solely responsible for any damage or breakages that occur at or in the property during the period of rental. This includes but not limited to the fabric of the property, the contents of the property, the pool area and surrounding garden/yard.
- It is the responsibility of the Party Leader to fully inspect the property for damage or breakages and report any to the owner's Management Company - details of whom will be supplied with the Villa Information Sheet - within 24 hours of arrival. If no such damage or breakages are reported then the property is deemed to be free of such damage or breakages and upon departure any found will be the responsibility of the Party Leader.
- A refundable security deposit is required to be paid for any booking, half with the deposit (which is refundable in the event of cancellation) and the final half upon payment of the final payment. The security deposit will be refunded by cheque as soon as the property is inspected by our Management Company and we have received confirmation of no damage. (This should take no more than 7 - 10 days in normal circumstances).
- Our Management Company are responsible for checking the Villa both before and after your booking commences and completes. If there are stains left on the carpets a carpet cleaning cost of $30 per room which needs to be cleaned will be made. Please ensure your party do not spill such drinks as Gatorade or similar as these are almost always non cleanable and may result in new carpet having to be laid and you will be responsible for those costs.
- In the event of excess damage occurring to the property or excess use of utilities (such as electricity for air conditioning when doors left open) which exceed the security deposit we reserve the right to recover such costs from the Party Leader - see above in respect of smoking and / or damage caused by smoking in or around the property.
- In the event that the security deposit is insufficient to pay for all the damage we reserve the right to pursue the Party Leader for any deficit - payment to be made within 14 days of notification. If payment is not forthcoming we reserve the right to pursue the Party Leader in the relevant jurisdiction for full payment.
- A wireless broadband internet connection is provided for guests use. Please note that this service is provided FREE to guests. The owners will use their best endeavours to ensure that the service is available for use, but cannot be held responsible for any failure or non-availability of communication lines hardware or software.
- The broadband internet connection is an integral part of the household security monitoring system. Guests should not interfere with the connection or any of the routers or other items relating to the security or monitored systems. If it is necessary to call out a technician to reset any of the items and it is found that the guests have tampered with any of the items – a call out charge will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- In the unlikely event that you have a complaint regarding the property whilst on holiday, you must immediately inform the Management Company. (Details of which will be given to you in the final confirmation letter once the final balance has been received). Your satisfaction is important to us and if you are not completely satisfied with the solution offered or provided, you should immediately put your complaint in writing and send it to me within 7 days of departure. We will endeavour to resolve the matter quickly and amicably. However if the problem has not been reported to the Management Company we will not accept any responsibility.
General Conduct and Safety
- The swimming pool is used entirely at the guests’ own risk.
- No diving is allowed under any circumstances.
- Parents must supervise children at all times, particularly in the pool area, and when accessing the villa via an uncarpeted area.
- Parents should supervise use of the games room.
- The doors to the property are alarmed in compliance with Florida Law – it is an offence to disarm these alarms.
- The pool is protected by a pool safety screen – it is your responsibility to ensure these are kept in place when young children or non-swimmers are resident at the property.
- Glassware at the poolside is prohibited. It is an unseen danger to you & others. Please use the plastic dishes / tumblers provided.
We will not be liable to make alternative arrangements for accommodation nor will we cover any costs you incur, pay any compensation or make any refunds in the following circumstance:
- in the opinion of any person in authority you appear to be unfit or are likely to cause disturbance or damage to the rental villa, we reserve the right to terminate your holiday arrangements with us.
- To comply with state fire regulations under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons identified on the booking form occupy the property. We reserve the right to cancel any booking made under false pretences, for groups exceeding the maximum occupancy of the villa or for other legal reasons.
- The Retreat at Legacy Park is a residential community. The actions of all members of your party should not interfere with the quiet enjoyment of other residents or vacationers. Please do not play loud music or engage in activities likely to cause inconvenience or offence to your neighbours after 10.00 p.m. or before 8.00 a.m. In the event that a member of your party behaves in a way that is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any residents or other vacationers in The Retreat or damage any property, the owners, their Management Company or agents reserve the right to immediately terminate your rental agreement and you will vacate the property forthwith.
- Please ensure all windows and doors are locked securely before leaving the property or retiring for the night.
- Bella Vista has a monitored alarm system. This system is provided not only for your safety but also to protect both your property and my property. The party leader is responsible for ensuring that the alarm is activated when the property is left unattended and also at night. Full instructions on setting the alarm are contained within the property. If you fail to activate the alarm and property is damaged or items stolen we reserve the right to recover the amount of damages etc from the Party Leader.
The villa is privately owned and neither us nor our Management Company nor their agents accept:
- Responsibility/liability will not be accepted for any accident, injury or damage sustained during use of any facilities or equipment in the villa, regardless of however it may have occurred.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to exercise a duty of care at all times and Party Leaders should ensure that all their party follow all the comprehensive operational and safety instructions relating to the use of facilities and equipment.
- Party Leaders should ensure all guests are aware of the fire procedures displayed in the home and confirm all persons using the home and adequately covered by appropriate personal accident / injury / public liability insurance.
- The owners, their Management Company or agents reserve the right of entry at any time (This includes such workers as pool maintenance, gardeners etc.)
Website and Brochure description: whilst all information is deemed to be correct to the best of our knowledge it is understood that the information supplied on this website and in any printed material is supplied for guidance purposes only and does not form part of any contract.
Any contact between the owner and the renter is subject to and shall be construed in accordance to the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By placing a reservation with us, you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions.